Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 27, 2011

Reporting

Last week, I learned many things in developing my skill level.  I was fortunate enough to learn how to edit and put together three of my own packages.  Since I am practicing to put this on my demo-reel, the photographers and reporters were helpful enough so that I could learn what to do better in my stand-ups and how to make my packages better just in the editing booth.  It was very insightful for me and I am grateful for all of the experiences that I am learning.  The one thing that stood out in critiquing my packages was the writing aspect of it.  I know that this will be a weakness for me my entire career.  But I am not going to let that stop me because I am determined to be a reporter.  Other things I need to work on is the development of my personality, finding my voice, and a calm presence in front of the camera.  They did say, though, that will come with time and my biggest weakness is the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment