Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Reporting

This past week has been amazing experience for me!  I have been able to go out with reporters and photographers 3 of the 4 days working.  Sadly, the stories I have been to are pretty sad.  I was able to go out to Tipton where the 10 year old girl was abducted, then I went to Noblesville to figure out what happened to Dorothy Heard.  The stories heard from friends and family were experiences in themselves.  I am able to see how to deal with families in pain and how to impact them.  Also, I see how I can do that differently and maybe share my faith with certain families.  The people at WISH are very good with helping all of the interns out.  I don't worry about asking too many questions and I think that the workers understand that they were in the same situation at my age.  I really do appreciate all of the help I have gotten.  I was able to do my first stand up last Thursday and am kind of reluctant to "watch the film."  I know it's going to be bad, but I want to watch it as many times as I can so I know what I need to improve on.  I'll let you know how the film goes.  But until then, I'm going to keep learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment