Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Writing

The last couple of weeks have been strictly for writing.  The more and more I write, the more and more I love it.  Every day since late July I have been writing VO’s, VO/SOT’s, teases, and plain anchor reads.  I am loving it.  The first month I spent my time writing for the website and going out with reporters.  I have kind of gone away from that and really hammered down on my news writing.  I can really see the difference in my writing.  I have had to become more creative with the teases and anchor lead-in’s they have given me.  I like the challenges of writing a story three or four different ways and choosing which one flows best.  Again, I’m not saying that I am perfect and my writing needs no more improvement.  That’s the farthest thing from the truth.  I know that writing is a never-ending learning curve.  I have gotten better, however, and it’s because I have put the time in, but the producers have also invested time in me.  I really do appreciate that.  I know I will never stop learning and hopefully I will continue to have this passion for news writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment