Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pacers Hire Vogel


This is the latest article I have written for the website.  This, in my humble opinion, is my best article, yet.  I have gotten considerably better at writing, obviously.  But also, actually knowing what I was talking about helped out a lot.  My passion is sports and it always will be.  I would love it if I could someday work in the sports department somewhere down the road.  Anyway, I wrote about the Indiana Pacers hiring Frank Vogel as their head coach.  It was probably the longest article I have written here as well.  Knowing what you’re talking about helps out a lot!  When I write news stories, it’s not like I don’t like it, but I can’t elaborate more if I’m writing that because I don’t REALLY know what I’m writing about.  I read a paragraph release or report and then I write the story according to my liking.  It’s not like it’s a bad article, but it has no flare.  It’s just straight and to the point.  With my added knowledge to a sports story, I can make it so much better.  Anyway, I was just amazed at how much better that story was as opposed to any other news story that I have worked on.  Hopefully, down the road I will be able to write more sports stories to improve on my writing even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment